Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New blog!

Well, I thought that I would make a blog so that you guys (family, friends, etc.) could keep track of me while I zig-zag across the country. There have been a couple times when I've gotten to the hotel for the night and have wanted to write about my flights, and now I've got somewhere to put it!

Of course all of the legs during the last two trips all blend together now, but I'll post some of the pictures that I took during them. Click on the pics to make them bigger.


Me, looking something like an airline pilot


With the jacket...


What I stare at all day. The PFD (Primary Flight Display) on the right, showing aircraft attitude, airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, and heading. On the left is the MFD (Multi Function Display), showing the route of flight, navaids, time and distance to certain fixes along the route and the destination. We can also bring up radar, terrain mapping, and traffic avoidance on the MFD.



Holding behind a 777 for takeoff in Washington Dulles, enroute to La Guardia in New York. A United 737 starting its takeoff roll before the 777.




Another view from the office. Descending into San Antonio from Denver with a full load of passengers.




Sunrise over the Carolinas. Enroute from Columbia, SC to Chicago O'hare.




Had the Captain take this one for me- sunset somewhere in the midwest, enroute from San Antonio to Chicago, O'hare.



Taxiing by the heavies at the international terminal in Chicago.



And, an example of where I'll be spending much of my life...


More to come later!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Whoa there Cameron, looking hot in that uniform :D

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you!